Mold Testing & Mold Removal In Sebring Home
Mold Testing and Mold Removal
Mildew, fungus, and mold are major problems for homes and businesses. The ice and snow that is prevalent can lead to excess moisture, especially in buildings with poor ventilation. Once they have appeared inside a building, they can grow quickly if action is not taken.
There are several mold and mildew warning signs that business owners and homeowners need to know. Other than obviously seeing mold itself, other signs include an excessive amount of humidity, an unpleasant musty smell, and evidence of prior excessive moisture issues such as water stains.
Because of the inherent risks associated with mold and mildew, it is strongly recommended that homeowners and business owners hire an experienced professional mold removal company. SERVPRO is staffed with mold removal experts who can effectively and efficiently inspect and eliminate mildew, mold, and fungus. Anyone who is experiencing a mold infestation must act quickly before the problem gets even worse. Excess water can cause mold and mildew to multiply rapidly. The more mildew is prevalent, the more difficult (and costly) the removal process will become. Contact SERVPRO today to schedule an appointment.
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
SERVPRO of Bartow / Lakeland Highlands is your Sebring Expert.